The Arbitrage Magazine is North America’s largest, student-driven business magazine. We exist to examine current business trends in a way that matters to student minds, by having interesting content that’s written and designed by students, for students.
More simply, we write about business without boring people. We’re Business News with BITE.
The Arbitrage is a new, online (and soon print) magazine that is maturing in content, form and visual appeal with each issue.
Our website is: http://www.arbitragemagazine.com
You can download or read our magazine here: http://www.arbitragemagazine.com/category/magazine/
As the Arbitrage’s readership grows nationwide (and hopefully globally), it will need fresh, talented, reliable and committed individuals to keep it running and evolving. So if you’re interested joining a team that will work together to build something truly special (in addition to building your commercial portfolio), this may just be the opportunity for you.
In fact, learn what working with the “ARB” is like from past team
Please read below for more details about the specific job ad!
Please forward your resume & cover letter to:
Director, Human Resources
1) If you apply to the Arbitrage Journalism or Design departments, you must include a sample/portfolio of your work as well.
2) This is a part-time, volunteer position that will become part-time paid upon the publication turning a profit. Accordingly, only serious applicants need apply.
Start Date: Immediately
Job Title: Sales Representative
Reports to: Sales Director
As a Sales Representative, you will play an important role in Arbitrage’s growth and success. You will be responsible for representing and promoting Arbitrage to external clients in the hope of securing advertising contracts with them. You will also work with various Arbitrage divisions to come up with new ways to monetize the Arbitrage’s content and promotional activities.
All work will be done virtually, with relatively few physical meetings carried out over the course of the year. The Arbitrage team is looking for confident and enthusiastic sales representatives.
*This is a part-time, volunteer position that will become part-time paid upon the publication turning a profit. Accordingly, only serious applicants need apply.
· Identify and contact potential advertisers
· Provide information to potential advertisers
· Generate ad revenue for the Arbitrage through selling ad space on the Arbitrage’s website, magazine, newsletters, ARB TV, as well as approx. 15 other monetization channels
· Prepare and deliver presentations
· Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships in order to provide them with a great customer experience
· Identify and resolve client concerns
· Collect feedback from customers
· Represent Arbitrage in a professional manner
· Other duties as assigned
· Sell subscriptions of the Arbitrage to current and potential wholesale clients once the print version of the Arbitrage is initiated
· Interested third-fourth year students (all major) are welcome to apply. Preference will be given to marketing students and/or those with proven sales experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong ability to persuade
· Ability to develop and deliver presentations
· Solid service orientation and relationship building skills
· Highly motivated with a desire to be successful