QR-big-box-ad
CLS_bigbox

Google Offers to Give Groupon Grief


From Garin

Google is getting ready to launch Google Offers, and give Groupon a run for their money.

This move does not suprise me at all, and it will likely be the first order of business for Google co-founder Larry Page, who is taking the reins as CEO of Google from Eric Schmidt, who has been the Google CEO for the past decade, and will now be serving as the Executive Chairman.

Earlier this year Google tried to buy Groupon, but Groupon turned the deal down and plans to launch an IPO in the $15-20 billion range.

In Canada Groupon is building a strong presence but they are going head to head with theCanadian deal website WagJag, which operates in a very similar way to Groupon, by offering daily deals via email.

Here is what Google has to say about Google Offers (via Mashable):

“Google is communicating with small businesses to enlist their support and participation in a test of a pre-paid offers/vouchers program. This initiative is part of an ongoing effort at Google to make new products, such as the recent Offer Ads beta, that connect businesses with customers in new ways. We do not have more details to share at this time, but will keep you posted.”

Google will pay out 80% of a business’ revenue share three days after its deal runs. Google will hold the remaining 20% for 60 days to cover refunds before sending the rest.


From Garin

In association with:
The ARB Team
Arbitrage Magazine
Business News with BITE

Liked this post? Why not buy the ARB team a beer? Just click an ad or donate below (thank you!)

Show more